COVID-19 By the Numbers
Here's a breakdown of numbers gathered by Yale Haven Health since the COVID-19 crisis began. As of mid-April:
- Our COVID-19 Call Center, 833-ASK-YNHH (established on March 9) has answered more than 58,000 calls from the community and our staff.
- More than 750,000 pieces of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) have been donated by members of the community.
- Among those were 4,100 handmade masks and 46,000 N95 respirators.
- 4,500 N95 masks have been safely cleaned and reprocessed to be able to use again.
- Thanks to the support of state licensing boards, YNHHS has credentialed more than 500 new medical staff members to support our staff in caring for COVID-19 patients.
- A total of 676 COVID-19 positive patients have been discharged.
- 85 COVID-19 clinical trials are underway at YNHHS and Yale.
- Nearly 30,000 meals have been either donated or promised to hospitals around our health system from local restaurants and community organizations.
- More than 34,000 outpatient telehealth visits have been conducted between Yale New Haven Health physicians and patients.
- In testing sites at all our hospitals, we have swabbed more than 18,000 people to test for COVID-19.
- YNHHS launched a Kudoboard on April 1 to encourage the community to post positive messages of support for our staff. Since then, we have received 790 notes of thanks and encouragement.
We continue to care for COVID and non-COVID patients in hospitals throughout our health system. We are hopeful that we are starting to see the peak of this pandemic but we’re not out of the woods. Social distancing is helping and we encourage everyone to continue to do all they can to help end the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.