COVID-19 By the Numbers
Here's a breakdown of numbers gathered by Yale Haven Health since the COVID-19 crisis began. As of mid-June:
- Our COVID-19 Call Center, 833-ASK-YNHH (established on March 9) has answered more than 95,000 calls from the community and our staff.
- Nearly 2 million pieces of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) have been donated by members of the community.
- Among those were 9,420 handmade masks and 121,000 N95 respirators.
- We have had more than 2.2 million visits to the COVID-19 page on our website.
- A total of 3,101 COVID-19 positive patients have been discharged.
- More than 74,000 meals have been donated to hospitals around our health system from local restaurants and community organizations.
- In testing sites at all our hospitals, we have swabbed nearly 64,000 people to test for COVID-19.
- Yale New Haven Health hospitals have admitted and treated more than 3,700 COVID-19 patients.
- YNHHS launched a Kudoboard on April 1 to encourage the community to post positive messages of support for our staff. Since then, we have received 1,583 notes of thanks and encouragement.
We continue to care for COVID and non-COVID patients in hospitals throughout our health system. We are starting to see the number of admissions slow down which is a very positive sign. Social distancing is helping and we encourage everyone to continue to do all they can to help end the spread of COVID in our communities.