What We Do
The Yale New Haven Health System Center for Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Response (YNHHS-CEPDR) develops and disseminates programs and services in the areas of healthcare and public health emergency preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation that includes but are not limited to business continuity planning, assessments, education and training, drills and exercises and program implementation and evaluation.
To reduce loss of life, injury and illness by developing and delivering services within Connecticut, across the nation and around the world that advance healthcare planning, preparedness, response and recovery from emergency events and disasters through collaborative partnerships and coordinated programs.
Our vision is to be a recognized leader regionally, nationally and internationally in emergency management for the health-related aspects of emergencies and disasters.
YNHHS-CEPDR continues to evolve to address severe weather, natural disasters, mass casualty events, manmade incidents, hazardous material incidents, terrorist events, and pandemic influenza.
Highlights in YNHHS-CEPDR’s history:
|2013 — 2014
- YNHHS-CEPDR is re-designated as a PAHO/WHO Collaborating Centre for Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Response
- YNHHS-CEPDR was invited to The Netherlands, Italy and Japan to present at international seminars on disaster risk reduction and radiological disaster preparedness
|2009 — 2012
- YNHHS-CEPDR is designated as a PAHO/WHO Collaborating Centre for Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Response
- YNHHS-CEPDR is awarded the GSA Federal Acquisition Services Schedules 84 and 874 MOBIS
- YNHHS-CEPDR opens its Washington, DC, office on Pennsylvania Avenue
- YNHHS-CEPDR expands its international reach to the regions of the United Arab Emirates, of Central and South America, the Caribbean, India, Saudi Arabia and China with programs on disaster preparedness initiatives
|2005 — 2008
- FEMA awards YNHHS-CEPDR a training grant to address the evacuation and shelter-in-place needs of medically dependent people during a disaster
- YNHHS-CEPDR hosts the International Congress on Disaster Medicine and Emergency Management
- YNHHS-CEPDR is awarded funding from the US Department of Defense and creates the National Center for Integrated Civilian-Military Domestic Disaster Medical Response (ICMDDMR)
- YNHHS-CEPDR is asked by Joint Commission Resources (JCR) to coordinate the scientific poster sessions for The Joint Commission National Emergency Management Conference
- YNHHS-CEPDR along with the Joint Commission and the Pan American Health Organizations leads an workshop on developing and implementing benchmarks to assess hospital preparedness at the at WADEM Congress in Amsterdam
|2001 — 2004
- As a result of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Yale New Haven Health System creates YNHHS-CEPDR the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health designates YNHHS-CEPDR as a Center of Excellence for Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response
- YNHHS-CEPDR becomes a CDC-designated Center for Public Health Preparedness
For more information on contracting with YNHHS-CEPDR, please contact us at (203) 688-5000 or email@example.com.