YNHHS fellows have the opportunity to manage numerous projects throughout their tenure. Project assignments are made at the system level, where fellows can get involved in some of the highest-priority initiatives. Preceptors work with fellows to identify project opportunities that align with the fellows’ interests and career objectives.
Examples of former fellowship projects include:
- Response to and due diligence for strategic affiliation Requests For Proposal
- Management of the project team for the launch of a 100,000-square-foot ambulatory center
- Management of Northeast Medical Group’s Quality Measurement Program
- Implementation of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery clinical redesign initiatives
- Business plan development for an international patient program
- Implementation of YNHHS’ telehealth, employee wellness and patient engagement platforms
In addition, fellows have the opportunity to participate in high-level strategy management, community health improvement, budgeting, quality, patient satisfaction and operational committees and activities throughout YNHHS.